Saturday 18 December 2010

Journalling my Christmas

Hello and happy Saturday. We awoke in good spirits as it's the end of term and we have 2 lovely weeks to look forward to. And it was SNOWING! Well, to be honest the novelty of that has already worn off but we managed a speedy trip to Sainsburys before we locked ourselves in. Poor Munchkin is pukey - and I don't think it's through too many mince pies.

Above is a scrapbook page for my first day of my Journal Your Christmas 2010 album. This is an online class that Shimelle.com runs and I love it. I bought a fab 12x12" polka dot album from SU and am lovingly filling it up.

This first page is my manifesto of what I promise myself to focus on during the festive season. It's made from a 12x12" piece of Very Vanilla CS and then I stamped with the swirly stamp in Baroque Motifs stamp set in Crumb Cake ink. There's some Jolly Holiday DSP and cute pearls and of course some glitter. Very simple and quick, just like all the pages I make for this month-long project.


Above is another festive project - Christmas chutney. I took the recipe from Nigella Christmas cookbook and filled up a variety of jars that I collected throughout the year. Then I got some red polka dot fabric and tied it on with some raffia. The tag is punched with my SU punches and a piece of Jolly Holiday DSP and a star (I bought a box of these from somewhere ages ago - too long ago to remember, I'm afraid).

More festive posts to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!