Thursday 4 February 2010

Happy Moments SAB set

Rather delayed but better late than never, here are some lovely SAB set cards. The ideas for these card were shamelessly taken from the SCS gallery cards posted by Kristin Moore. I love love love this stamp set. I took the opportunity to practice my watercolouring skills and I'm pleased with the results (usually I'm not!)
Anyway the genius thing about this stamp set is that it is so simple and versatile. The original idea by Kristin Moore was done in brown and turquiose but I used Close to Cocoa and Regal Rose in mine. Plus it took less than 30 minutes to make all 4 cards. Great for allowing you to create a stash of cards for those last minute occasions where you need a card *now*.
The flower card had some shiny Crystal Effects added to highlight parts of the flowers which is subtle but effective. The birdcage has some linen thread and a brad attached to the top of it and I couldn't resist using a bit of grosgrain ribbion on the cake card. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!