Monday 7 May 2012

Inspired by Impressions

Another card inspired by the monthly demonstrator magazine Impressions. This time it's the May 2012 issue and a vintage feel. It's a pity you can't smell this card as the pansies on the Soft Suede base are embossed with Cherry scented embossing powder. Delish!

I had some fun with layering: large scalloped circle in Newsprint DSP, distressed Rich Razzleberry torn strip, embossed frame, vintage brad, lace and crinkled Pear Pizzazz seam binding ribbon. Phew! Lots of work but oh so much fun. I loved getting messy with my spritzer tool, water spray and Dimensionals! Like yesterday I used the Tea Shoppe stamp set. The quote from Louisa May Allcot is just lovely.

We have had a fantastic Bank Holiday weekend. Such fun to be at home with my loved ones and no rushing about. Today has involved A LOT of cleaning and tidying. Pretty out of character for me but the end result has made me really happy.

We even squeezed in some crafty time and here is a picture, early on Saturday morning, of Munchkin clutching her new felt dollies that we made together! She is so proud of them and has been taking them everywhere, even to join her on the potty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!