Wednesday 9 December 2009

Red Birthday card

The festive season can feel a bit much at times so the other day I took some time out to make a birthday card. It was only when I'd finished I realised I had gone straight for festive colours: Real Red and Old Olive. Classic!

Anyway I embossed the sentiment with a stamp from the Cheer & Wishes set (pg62). White embossing powder is just genius on bold coloured card as it stands out so much better than a dark colour would.

The present on the front was created with elements from a Big Bold Birthday set (pg 35) and I filled in the little circles with red glitter. This was matted on a piece of So Saffron card - yes, a small break from all the festive colours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!