Sunday 17 October 2010

Scrapbooking retreat

Yesterday I went to a fantastic scrapbooking retreat, that was recommended by a lovely friend, Daniela. I was able to take all my own goodies (SU of course!) and learn new ways to scrapbook. This was the first layout that I made in the 6 hour marathon. It is made using the Simply Scrappin' Kit called One Great Year (page 95).

The colours of this kit are great for all sorts of occasions as the colours are good for boys and girls. The colours used are Elegant Eggplant, Pear Pizzazz and Wild Wasabi. You get 6 sheets of DSP, 8 sheets of 12x12 CS and 6 big sheets of self-adhesive die-cuts (aka stickers). This layout came together in about 30 minutes and the only thing I added was a few clear rhinestone brads, a filigree brad and some dimensionals.
This is a close up of the Munchkin. I know I've used the photo on this blog before but it makes me smile every time I see it. She's such a great explorer.
Today we're going out for lunch with my parents and siblings to celebrate my father's birthday. Hopefully another great photo opportunity! Have a great Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!