Wednesday 20 October 2010

Vintage chic

The new stamps have got me going a bit vintage... This card is based on one I saw at the High Wycombe training demonstrated by Shaz. The colours featured are Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry and Very Vanilla. To create the background on the base card it was stamped with En Francais which had been stamped off.

My favourite part of the card was using my Cutter kit to distress the edges of the card. Great fun. Then sponge daubers dabbed on extra Soft Suede ink. There is also a nice bit of piercing down the Rich Razzleberry piece.

As this Artistic Etchings set is a clear stamp set, I was able to double up the stamping of the crown and key on the same ink pad. Easy peasy!

Oh yes, and contrary to my Mum's reaction, the card is meant to be distressed and folded over at the corners!!!!

This cute gift bag is called a Bag-a-lope and the Very Vanilla base is actually an envelope that has been stamped in Soft Suede with Bella Toile (background stamp). Super simple and great to fill with small chocolate bars etc. They would also make cute wedding favours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!