Sunday 18 April 2010

Grace's birthday


Today is my cousin's little girl Grace's 2nd birthday. We went to her birthday party which was just gorgeous in the sunshine. She had so many people to see she didn't know what to do first! So long as she wasn't separated from her new toy doggie she was happy!!
The card was a quick card to do. It's featuring Pretty in Pink and So Saffron on a Whisper White base. Since trying out the blender pens recently (I know, I know I got them in my starter kit when I joined SU! 18 months ago!!!) I am addicted to them. The sprinkling of Dazzling Diamonds made a simple card quite eye-catching, even if I do say so myself.
The envelope had some hearts stuck onto it, also embellished with Dazzling Diamonds, as I daftly bought some envelopes with Postcode boxes in orange on the front. D'oh! So I'll have to be quite creative with my envelopes from now on to disguise the unwanted boxes. Still, I like a challenge so look out for more decorated envelopes.
The other thing that has been occupying my time this week is thinking about the project I am going to do. It's called A Week In The Life by Ali Edwards and it's a way to document a regular week so that you can 'oooh' and 'ahhh' over all those silly little details in years to come. I think my little one will like to see how she spent her time and this project is the perfect way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!