Friday 3 December 2010

Christmas wreath

This card was heavily influenced by Kristin Moore. She inspired me to use the bird punch in a different way and also to crack open my River Rock CS. The Always Artichoke CS made a nice contrast for the wreath and it was so quick and easy to use the Two Step Bird punch to punch out all those leaves! I never would be bothered to do this by hand.

The sentiment was from Contempo Christmas and the card was finished with some Basic Rhinestones. I coloured the Rhinestones with a Real Red marker. (To be honest, this seems to rub off. I need to coat them with some Crystal Effects to seal the colour onto the Rhinestones.) The Real Red ribbon finished off the card beautifully, I think.
I hope you are having a good end to your week. Our heating broke yesterday so we had an adventure staying at my parents at the last minute! Fortunately it's all sorted out now. Phew! Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hiya, I love this card!! I'm definately going to have a go at that one!! A great way to use up all those scraps!! I made a wreath card yesterday too, not like this one, but with the medallion stamp with the middle punched out of it, saw a similar one on SCS. So glad your boilers fixed and you're back in the warm!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!