Sunday 26 June 2011

Something Old, Something New


Hello all. It's been a long time but I haven't forgotten my blog. It's more a case of real-life getting in the way. My Nanny, who's been ill the last 18 months passed away pretty suddenly last Monday. It has been an upsetting time as we'd all been spending a great deal of time with her recently; the week before we'd been to visit, taken her to hospital for an appointment, sorted out her new glasses, picked up prescriptions etc. and suddenly she's gone. But at least now she's not in pain. The funeral is this Thursday so we look forward to resting her in peace.




Onto brighter things. Today the sun shone. It was a beautiful day and we made good use of it. It was our lovely friend Lara's 30th birthday so we went along to celebrate with her at a BBQ. This is the card I made for her:




It was inspired by the Daring Cardmakers challenge this week of "Something Old, Something New". So to explain, the



Something old: the doily - classic and old fashioned in my mind



Something new: my new alphabet dies for my Big Shot arrived a couple of days ago so it was great to try them out.



Something borrowed: I recently borrowed the butterfly stamp from the set Strength & Hope from my lovely downline Diane.



Something blue: love that DSP in Night of Navy.



To add to the theme I used the pink and green from my wedding colours. I thought adding orange (the other wedding colour we had) was a bit much but maybe next time...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cate, Sorry to hear about your Nanny, i hope you're doing ok. You know where i am if you need me.

    Love your card! I also entered this challenge!! Hope to see you before i go off to Tanzania. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a sad time, my thoughts are with you.
    Thanks for sharing your lovely card with The Daring Cardmakers' "Old, New Borrowed and Blue" challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to share this pretty card with us at Daring Cardmakers. Sending you best wishes for this tough time x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear the sad news of your Nanny passing away. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers this week - your card is beautiful!

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!