Monday 25 July 2011

Summer Fun

Hello and happy Monday! Today I'm beginning my Week in the Life journey 2011!! I'll show you my progress as I go.

Anyway today I have a card to share with you that I'm entering into the Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge this week. The theme was summer fun and there's nothing more summery than a nice big ice-cream!!



The base was cut from Melon Mambo using the scallop circle die on the big Shot. I then cut a circle to fit inside out of Whisper White.

The ice-cream scoops were stamped using the Big Bold Birthday stamp set. The scoops are actually meant to be the top of a cupcake but I thought they looked good as ice-cream!

My trusty Color Coach came in useful when choosing colours so the scoops are in Melon Mambo and Tempting Turquoise. The cone is a scrap of Daffodil Delight that's been run through the Square lattice embossing folder on the Big Shot. To finish I hand wrote a sentiment in Daffodil Delight. Easy!

Today munchkin has put her foot down and insisted starting potty training. Lots of accidents to come, I expect, but exciting nonetheless!!

2 comments:

  1. Cate, love this card. So simple yet bold. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card, Cate! I love the detail in the waffle cone and the sweet color combo. very cute! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!