Friday 19 March 2010

Blue birthday cupcake


What a week! It's been so hectic that I have been very poor at posting. However, last night I had a massive crafting session so there will be plenty to see over the next few days. The one above is one I thought would be good to keep in reserve as you could give it to men and women.
The outline was stamped with Basic Grey ink to make it a bit softer than Basic Black. The image was then painted using ink from the inkpads and the watercolour pens. It's so easy to get images to look fantastic using the exact colours. I am by no means an artist but I am happy with the results I get from this technique.
It's tricky to see but the image was finished off with some Dazzling Diamonds glitter. (Maybe this makes the card a bit girly?)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - the set is a good one - never thought to try it in blue but will now - best wishes Lesley x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!