Saturday 13 March 2010

Die cut gift box


As it was my birthday yesterday I treated myself to a few new Big Shot dies. This is one of them. The dies make box making so easy as they are perfectly cut and scored. The main box is cut from Tempting Turquoise and stamped with a flower stamp from the Simply Said set.
The flower was made using Monica Gale's flower technique in two shades of yellow with a Pumpkin Pie orange centre. The leaves are made using the oval punch in Old Olive cardstock that has the veins drawn on using a marker.
I love making boxes as they are so useful and they make a simple gift seem much more special. This die would also be fabby to make wedding favours as you can put quite a lot in them. Keep your eyes open for my other box die in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!