Wednesday 23 February 2011

Quilted cards

Today I'm preparing for a party I am doing tonight. The theme is sewing as many of the guests are quilters. I used a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers on how to make a quilted card and here is my result.... A little amateur! The lines became a bit wonky!! I just love these Nursery Suite papers. They're so much more versatile than just for baby cards. The colour are baja breeze, regal rose, chocolate chip and so saffron. Anyhoooo I decided to have another go and below you can see my next effort:
I'm much happier with this! The papers are Sweet & Sour DSP with Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie and Very Vanilla. Such bright cheery colours. The sentiment was from Oval All which co-ordintes beautifully with the large oval and scalloped oval punches. Yum!
Anyhow, back to Make It preparations. Munchkin has been under the weather with a nasty cough recently so preparations have been much slower than I'd hope but hey ho. Not long until the show starts!

1 comment:

  1. I saw this on Splitcoaststampers and thought it looked interesting. Yours are wonderful and I agree about the Nursery Suite papers - versatile and under-rated! Hope Munchkin gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!