Sunday 15 August 2010

Layers

This is another make for the Shimelle Virtual Crop Weekend. The challenge was to use layers. I must admit that I was inspired greatly by this post on Michelle Wooderson's blog for the layout. I was really pleased with the end result as I can struggle with layering sometimes. I also strayed from my Stampin' Up! stash and included a ticket stub from Tim Holtz and some button and handwritten paper from my stash box. Oddly the dark brown ribbon appeared as if by magic just when I was wanting it! It was lying on the floor of my craftroom like a helpful elf had placed it there! I believe it came from a chocolate box.

This notebook is very important as I have set myself a goal to treat my Stampin' Up! Demonstratorship as a business and not just greedily buy everything for myself!! So this book is symbolic. The idea was given to me by a kind friend who has been running her own business for some years. She told me that it's a good idea to set yourself goals for the month, then at the end of the month review what you have achieved and make notes that you might want to refer back to at some point. So thank you Daniela for the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!