Tuesday 3 August 2010

Today I've got a card for you that I have seriously cased! The pink card on the left is the original. I received this card as part of a wedding invitation swap. (I feel really guilty as I cannot remember who made this card, so please let me know via the comments if you know!) Isn't it gorgeous? So I decided to make a few alterations with the design and colour etc. and the cards to the right of the pink one are the results that I and my friend Gina came up with.

Vellum is not a material I'm confident using but it gives these cards a really romantic look when layered on the Bella Toile stamped card below. Love love love this background stamp. It makes creating wedding invitations a breeze. The Certainly Celery cards that we made have layered ribbon and we used the scalloped oval punch for the sentiment. We even included a bit of white embossing (of course!)

This is what I picked from my garden this evening. I'm so excited that my plants have grown so well. I've hardly bought any veggies recently and when my tomatoes turn red I'll have to visit the supermarket even less!!
Clockwise from the top left: broad beans, courgettes, flying saucer courgette (that's what I call it anyway), swiss chard, climbing beans, purple pak choi, thyme, lemon thyme and purple sage. Yipee! This was made into my latest favourite dish - veggie gratin!! Since we've got dairy-free recently I used a little goat's cheese (Spanish Manchego) in the with the breadcrumb topping and it was just as scrummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!