Sunday 4 September 2011

For Julie

This is the card I made for my Stampin' Up! grand-daughter who has had a breavement:


The basic card is River Rock and I used my 1/2" circle punch to cut out the corners.

I then ran a piece of Whisper White through the Top Note die and then the Square Lattice embossing folder on the Big Shot. This gave a great base for layering leaves (also cut on the Big Shot) in Always Artichoke and flowers cut with Boho Blossoms punch. Each flower was sponged with Not Quite Navy ink to add depth. The centre of the flowers are basic pearls.

The sentiment is retired already (shhh!) and was stamped on the punched out piece of Very Vanilla card.

It's really hard to make a card for someone about something so personal but I was quite pleased with the result.

This weekend has been hectic as we got back from holiday, had a team meeting (which was fab - thanks ladies!), did some shopping and my lovely husband cleaned our house. Unfortunately I've hurt my knee so I'll just have to sit and do lots and lots of crafting!!!!

1 comment:

  1. oh no! Hope your knee is ok! Love the card. Thanks for hosting the get together on Saturday! Amyx

    P.S i've put a mock croc (faux leather) tutorial on www.craftythinker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!