Thursday 11 November 2010

CASE'd Shelli

Shelli Gardner is the Co-Founder of Stampin' Up! and I was lucky enough to see her crafting on stage at the European Convention. She showed a version of the card and couldn't resist having a go myself.

The base of the card is Real Red. The Crumb Cake layer had the Fancy Flower punch out of it. Underneath that layer I use a piece of scrap card and covered it with Sticky Strip. (This is super-sticky tape) I was then able to adher 1/4" grosgrain ribbon strips onto the base card, the colours I used are Real Red, Certainly Celery & Marina Mist. Shelli actually used taffetta ribbon but I wanted a brighter look.

The Crumb Cake layer and the Real Red card base sandwiched the ribbon layer to create the card. I then embellished with a little button (sadly retired) that was knotted with linen thread. The leaves were punched from Pear Pizzazz CS as I couldn't lay my hands on a scrap of Certainly Celery using the Two Step Bird Punch.

I stamped a little greeting in the corner using Early Espresso ink with the Tiny Tags stamp set. Easy and cute!!

Hope you are having a good week. I am working on a video tutorial at the moment - just a slight hitch getting the video from the camera to the computer but as soon as I can I'll be posting my first one!! Keep your eyes peeled...

2 comments:

  1. I must have a go at this card too...so simple but effective

    Looking forward to seeing your video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your version is great, too! At least your ribbon is all the same width, not like mine! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!