Sunday 7 November 2010

Convention 2010

Hooray I'm home from Convention 2010. There were highs (stamping, chatting and getting ideas) and lows (no hot water and being locked out of my room!) but all in all it was truly an experience!

The best part for me was meeting so many lovely people and seeing how creative they are - hello to you ladies if you are reading this! I was lucky enough to gather around 150 swaps. Below is my swap that I gave in return:

It was stamped using Ornate Flowers. The main image was stamped using markers - Real Red and Pear Pizzazz on Very Vanilla CS. This was layered on Chocolate Chip & Pear Pizzazz CS. The background was stamped in the same colour as this CS - in this case, Real Red.

Considering I only gave myself a week to create the swaps, I was really pleased with the outcome. Before I settled on Real Red for my swaps I got a bit carrided away with my new In Color markers and cardstock and you can see the result, alongside the Real Red ones, below:

My favourite is the Conchord Crush combo. That colour has really grown on me and now I've had to order myself a whole pack of it so I can create so many more projects with it.
In the coming days/weeks I hope to replicate and share some of the ideas and swaps that I saw so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!