Saturday 13 August 2011

Farewell gifts

The gym I go to has an amazing crèche with some fantastic ladies which makes my trips to the gym with Munchkin a pleasure. Sadly the management of said gym have decided to close the crèche. The fools!

Anyway today is the last day of the crèche so yesterday I popped along with some little chocolate thank-yous:


I'm majorly into rainbows at the moment so that was my inspiration. I cut the Crumb Cake flaps with the Top Note die on my beloved Big Shot. It's projects like this where you're making multiples that the Big Shot comes into it's own.

Then I stamped in the same colour ink using the swirly stamp in Baroque Motifs and used Early Espresso for the Thanks sentiment.

The flowers were punched out from mainly the DSP colour stacks. These are fantastic value as each double-sided 12x12 sheet works out at just 36p each!!! If you haven't got a stack or two in your life you really should!

For the flower centres I punched a 1" circle in a co-ordinating colour and pushed a clear rhinestone brad through. Oh yes, to make the petals antique-y I sprayed them with water and crunched them in my hand. When they dry they keep their shape.

These bag toppers fit the medium cello bags PERFECTLY and with a little sticky strip they're super secure. I filled mine with Revels but they are a good size for all sorts of things, edible or not!

The ladies really liked them and I hope it let them know how much I appreciated how wonderfully they looked after Munchkin.

If you'd like to order any if the products I've used or from the UK Stampin Up! catalogue why not drop me an email: blueangelcrafts@gmail.com

Today Munchkin and I are off on holiday to visit relatives in France. Poor hubby and lodger had to stay behind but I'm sure they'll have a great time eating junk and watching violent films and sports non-stop!

Hopefully I'll still be blogging this week so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!