Tuesday 23 August 2011

Handmade flower

Greetings all! Hope you are having a good evening. Today I have a card for you that was inspired by the monthly magazine, Impression, all Stampin' Up! Demonstrators are posted each month. There is always tonnes of eye-craft-candy in each installment and this month's was no exception.

The flower is made using the large scallop circle die in the Big Shot. I cut mine with Peach Parfait cardstock and then inked the edge in the same colour ink. I then used scissors to cut my circle into a spiral which I rolled up to create a really 3D flower. This is not an ideal card to post! The centre of the flower is Rich Razzleberry satin ribbon which has been twisted and glued into the centre and then had a few pearls added for extra glam!

Have you seen the green leafy tendrils? These are super-simple to make using Pear Pizzazz seam binding ribbon which has been spritzed with water and then scrunched to give them a vintage look. Definately a technique that's worth giving a try on your next project.

The card base is layers of Peach Parfait, Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry cardstock and then the centre panel is Crumb Cake stamped with Bella Toile background stamp.

If you'd like to get your hands on the Stampin' Up! Demonstrator publication each month, why not sign up to be a demonstrator and join my team? Contact me: blueangelcrafts@gmail.com for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!