Sunday 23 January 2011

Sale-A-Bration Bloghop!

Hello and Happy Sunday. If you've just joined me from Keren's blog, an extra welcome!!

I've been saving up cards made with my Sale-A-Bration sets so I have lots to share with you:

This first card is using Punch Bunch and the Nursey Suite DSP. Simple but sweet. My cousin is having a baby boy in a few weeks so I wanted a card that was baby-ish but also masculine.

This next card features the SAB set Bliss. I've seen many card samples a bit like this but hopefully I've changed it enough to make it my own!! The colour combo is Conchord Crush & Very Vanilla with a touch of Crumb Cake. The butterflies were made with the stamp being inked only once and then stamped three times so that the colour was paler with each press.


This next card also uses Bliss. I love using punches as they make cards super quick to create. Oh, the sentiment was from another SAB set called So Happy For You. The colours used are Pear Pizzazz, Baja Breeze and Crumb Cake.

This card above was made for a party I ran yesterday at my good friend, Amy's. We had such fun chatting and making it our own - some people really went to town with the sentiments from So Happy For You and added some of the little images from the set too. The owl is from Punch Bunch and, as I've said before, I literally cannot wait for the owl punch to come out here in the UK!! I love this patterned paper, it's called Sweet & Sour, and when you see it in real life there are sections that are clear embossed for added texture.
I gave this card to my Nanny who is currently being treated for cancer to let her know we are all here for her.

With colouring using my blender pens being my current favourite method of relaxing, I couldn't resist using Bella Toile embossed in black to give me something larger to colour! I then used the So Happy For You words for a sentiment. The colour combination here is Old Olive, Perfect Plum and More Mustard.

Lastly is this card with an embossed greeting from So Happy For You. This set of sentiments is sooo versatile! I used Poppy Parade, Pacific Point & So Saffron with Crumb Cake.

I wanted to use Sweet Summer. Many of the cards I've made with this set have used very soft subtle colours so I beefed up this card with the combination you saw before: Conchord Crush, Old Olive and More Mustard! I coloured the flowers using markers and even wrote the sentiment by hand.
This card also uses Punch Bunch along with Greenhouse Gala DSP. I'm currently loving this ribbon technique so it's being used frequently! The colours on this card are Whisper White, Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizzazz.
I hope you've enjoyed looking through my ideas - please leave comments to let me know what you think. If you like my samples you're very welcome to become a follower on my blog (see the panel on the left). I will be adding more SAB samples in the coming weeks so keep your eyes peeled! Your next stop on the bloghop is Frankie Sue's blog. Have fun hopping!!

14 comments:

  1. Wow Cate, you've been a busy girl! Amazing cards, I must get myself some sweet & sour paper! I've seen the ribbon technique on your last card somewhere else but can't remember, how is it done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Cate and so many ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you really have been busy. Great cards but I especially love the Bliss ones.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Cate you have been so busy and gave us lots of lovelies to look at x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all beautiful- my fave is the butterfly card with the clever use of punched mounts! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - especially love the Bella Toile card x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set of cards. Love the ribbon treatments. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving this array of creations Cate... fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beatiful cards, so many to choose from. Naa, love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OM Goodness! I LOVE the Concord Crush card!
    TFS!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crikey, you have been a busy bee! Love the butterfly card. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've been a busy angel... these are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!