Saturday 15 September 2012

Appl-icious

It's the weekend! Are you doing much? I'm recovering from a Funky Mamas disco so we will probably have quite a quiet day.
 
Today's card was the final card I created while hanging out with Julie earlier this week. We started off with a Sahara Sand base and stamped it using Early Espresso ink and my new favourite background stamp: Woodgrain.
 
Scraps of Orchard Harvest DSP were added to images of apples stamped in Lucky Limeade, More Mustard and Riding Hood Red. I'll let you into a little secret here.... I actually stamped the sentiment onto the Very Vanilla piece of card but it looked so terrible that I had to cover it up! So I stamped the words onto a scrap of Lucky Limeade card, to match the apple stems, and then punched it out using the Word Window punch. So it just goes to show, everyone makes faux pas. But to be honest I really like the unexpected addition to the design!

Have a great weekend and see you again soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!