Wednesday 12 September 2012

Bank Holiday Page

Hello there! Today's post is a scrapbook page I cobbled together to display some photos I took at couple of weekends ago when we were enjoying the Bank Holiday:
 I used some patterned papers that are retiring. The stripey base is from Mocha Morning which is an awesome set as some of the papers are flocked and others have shimmery gold bits like in these stripes. The other paper is from Paisley Petals.

Here is a close-up of part of the title:
Daffodil Delight was used for the main title to pick out the yellow of the squash plant. I cut it out on my Big Shot using the alphabet set that is retiring.

To make the punched title a bit shorter I punched out a word window punch shape and then put one end of the punched piece back into the punch to trim it. It  means that you can customise the shape so it's not too long, which is handy.

To be honest with you I am not sure about this page. The pictures are really busy so I wanted a muted background but I am not 100% sure it works. What do you think?

P.S.
Many of the items in today's post are retiring. Don't forget to place an order for retiring items sooner rather than late as many items are selling out fast. As the ink pads are being reformulated they are all reduced by 25% which makes them about £3.72 each - a total bargain and a great budget way to increase your own colour collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!