Wednesday 26 September 2012

Lovely As A Tree

This is a card CASE'd from a design by Paula Dobson. It uses More Mustard which is not a common colour for me to use, but I'll put that down to feeling pretty Autumnal at the moment.

It started with a piece of Whisper White cardstock and sponging More Mustard ink around the edges, leaving a border at the bottom for a sentiment. Once I was happy with the sponging I got out Lovely As A Tree - one of the longest running stamp sets Stampin' Up! produce.

I stamped the tree image in Chocolate Chip ink and then inked it off to create background images, which gives depth. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and shows up really well on the nice bit of white space at the bottom. To finish a strip of More Mustard spotty grosgrain ribbon and a burnished copper button with linen thread separate the image and sentiment.

Check back tomorrow for another Autumnal creation!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!