Sunday 10 June 2012

Special 70th

My parents are going to lots of milestone birthday parties this summer so here is one card I have made for a dear friend of theirs.

It's using Paisley Prints papers, which I adore. There's a strip of Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon all crinkled across the join and then I took my Big Shot out and did some cutting! I used gold card for the curvey shape and Cajun Craze card for the numbers.

To make the flower so colourful I used the marker-to-pen technique and used all the different colours contained in the Paisley Prints papers to ensure the image matched perfectly. The stamp is from Ornate Flowers, I believe. I am losing the plot with names and dates this week as I have been rather worn out by a small person; who seems to be testing my patience!!

I'm quite pleased with this result and I hope the recipient will like it too.

Have you got any milestone birthdays coming up? One of mine is next March but I am warming up by attending a friend's 40th this summer. 2012 is full of important dates it seems.

2 comments:

  1. Love the card. My Mum and my Mum In Law have know lots of people with milestone birthday's this year, including mine. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh how exciting. Weird how many people had milestones though. Bit odd!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!