Wednesday 11 July 2012

Box of thanks

 It was my dear friend Jo's birthday party at the weekend and I offered to make her a box of thank you cards as a gift so she could send them out to her guests for gifts she'd received. I saw the design on Shelli Gardner's blog (founder of SU) and adapted it using my own stash of ribbons and adorable Everyday Enchantment papers that are back for this month only!

I made a box to put them in so she can keep special cards she receives as gifts:
 It took no time to put together using my Simply Scored tool! It was fun to spend some time adding more matching paper to decorate it along with some pleated satin ribbon in Pear Pizzazz.
 The cards were straight forward. Each one had a Whisper White base with a panel of Crumb Cake. I used all my different thank you sentiment stamps and stapled a piece of patterned paper and ribbon to the front.

To get perfect angles on my pennants I measure the diagonal distance on my square punch and then made the strips of paper the same length. It was then easy to punch pennants that were all equal and straight!
The box top had an Apothacary Art stamped top from the Summer Mini catalogue. To colour it with my inks I picked out the colours that were in the patterned papers: Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze, Peach Parfait and Lucky Limeade. The Big Shot helped me cut it out and make a mat to match.

So that was one gift I made for my friend. Check back tomorrow to see the other one!

If you'd like to order some of these yummy Everyday Enchantment papers while they are still available, or anything else from the Stampin' Up! catalogues, I'd be happy to put an order through for you. Contact me: blueangelcrafts at gmail dot com

2 comments:

  1. Love these cards - will be CASEing!! Oh i can't wait to go on maternity leave and have some crafting time :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Well enjoy the tine before baba for crafting then! I could hardly see straight for a while once she was born!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!