Friday 13 July 2012

Happiest Birthday wishes

This time last week was my amazing friend Lauren's birthday! Above is the card I made for her.

The base is Soft Suede with a Top Note cut from Mocha Morning DSP. I loved the small flower image on the Beau Chateau paper so I cut that out and then set about making a large flower to put with it. I used the Fun Flowers Bigz die and cut out flowers in Pirouette Pink and vellum. I crunched up the vellum (I hate doing that as it seems wrong but the flowers looked all wrong when the vellum was flat!). They were layered and held together with an Antique brad.

The sentiment came from Apothacary Art and I embossed it on Very Vanilla card in gold to match with the tones on the Mocha Morning paper. A touch of crochet lace and a couple of pearls and it was complete!

She held a fab party which was great fun, althought the Cherry Brandy and Cointreau punch was pretty leathal so my cycle ride home in the rain was rather precarious. Anyhow I hope she had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!