Saturday 21 July 2012

Shimmery loveliness


This card is very much CASE'd but I am ashamed to say I cannot remember the original source. I did make a few changes however so I hope I can still call it mine. The base is Sahara Sand which I love as an alternative to Crumb Cake as it's less brown and more a soft grey shade.

The layer on top is Pool Party card that has been run through the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder. To add some shimmer I used Champagne shimmer paint dabbed on using a sponge dauber to the raised sections of the embossing. The picture below was supposed to help you see the shimmer paint effect but it's a rather blurry picture!

I ran some strips of Pool Party and Whisper White through the Big Shot using Adorning Accents edgelits scallop die. To conceal the straight line I added some lovely 5/8" Whisper White Organza ribbon.

The main accent was made using the Labels Collection Framelits and Apothacary Art stamp set. The main image was stamped on Whisper White card using Pool Party ink. The central circle was stamped again and punched out using the 1" circle punch to layer on top. The sparkly frame was made by cutting out Sahara Sand card and covering it with a Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive sheet glue and then coating it with Dazzling Diamonds glitter.

I was really pleased with the result of this card and can image that Pink Pirouette and So Saffron would also be great focal colours in place of the Pool Party to make a stack of coordinating cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving comments - reading them really does make my day!